I am such a sucker for good chocolate, but have you seen the price tag attached to organic vegan dark chocolate? Thank goodness, when I began venturing into the raw lifestyle, I discovered how simple it is to make healthy and delicious homemade chocolate. Recently, I took my chocolate to the next level by adding some organic almonds to make a scrumptious chocolate almond bark.
Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of liquid sweetener honey, agave, maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil liquid form
- 1/2 cup coconut butter liquid form
- 1/2 cup organic almonds
- 1 Tbsp vanilla flavour
- Make sure your coconut oil and coconut butter are in a liquid state. You can slightly heat them on very low on the stove top.
- Add the oil, butter and cacao powder in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Add the liquid sweetener, and vanilla flavor. Stir.
- Now mix in the almonds.
- Pour the chocolate and almond mixture in a 9 x 9 glass square dish.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour.
- Once the chocolate is hard, take it out of the freezer and break into pieces. Either put the chocolate bark back in the freezer or place in the fridge.
- If you leave the chocolate at room temperature too long it will become slightly soft because of the coconut oil.
And, on a holiday note, chocolate almond bark would make a great homemade gift!
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!