I am always looking for quick, easy and tasty snack ideas. I am also a big sucker for nut butters, whether it is peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter, I can eat them by the spoon full. I decided to throw 2 nut butters in a bowl together with some maple syrup. Staring at the bowl, I was wondering what else to add. Shredded coconut (where to buy) and buckwheat groats came to mind. I throw some in the bowl and mixed. This is how my chocolate crunch balls were born. Very easy and fun to make. The part I think I enjoy the most is the buckwheat groats. They add a nice crunch. Reminds me of rice krispies but so much better!
You can eat the batter right out of the bowl- not that I have done that or anything or roll them up into small balls. Either way you will not be disappointed in these creamy crunchy little gems!
Will you be munching on some chocolate crunch balls?
Chocolate Nut Crunch Balls
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup cashew butter where to buy
- 3/4 cup buckwheat groats where to buy; soaked and dehydrated
- 3/4 shredded coconut where to buy
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder where to buy
- Mix the 2 nut butter together in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add the cacao powder and incorporate.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for about 15 minutes, so the chocolate will be easier to manipulate.
- Roll into balls.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm.