I am always looking for quick, easy and tasty snack ideas. I am also a big sucker for nut butter, whether it is peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter, I can eat them by the spoon full. I decided to throw 2 nut kinds of nut butter in a bowl together with some maple syrup. Staring at the bowl, I was wondering what else to add. Shredded coconut and buckwheat groats came to mind. I throw some in the bowl and mix. This is how my chocolate crunch balls were born. Very easy and fun to make. The part I think I enjoy the most is the buckwheat groats. They add a nice crunch. It reminds me of rice Krispies but so much better!
You can eat the batter right out of the bowl- not that I have done that or anything or roll them up into small balls. Either way, you will not be disappointed in these creamy crunchy little gems!
Homemade Chocolate Crunch Balls
Chocolate Nut Crunch Balls
- Mix the 2 kinds of nut butter in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add the cacao powder and incorporate it.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for about 15 minutes, so the chocolate will be easier to manipulate.
- Roll into balls.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until firm.