Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits especially fresh local organic blueberries. During blueberry season, I stocked up on these tiny blue gems and frozen them to make sure I had some throughout the winter months. My favorite way to eat these guys is with vanilla cashew cream or making my favorite blueberry smoothie. Most of the time any smoothie I make with blueberries, does’t always look very appealing because I add spinach. This time I opted out to try and get a blue-purple color.
Will you give this Blueberry Creamsicle Smoothie a spin in your blender?
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of water or coconut milk, for a creamier taste
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked 2-4 hours
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds (where to buy)
- 1 tbsp of lumuca powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder (where to buy)
- pinch of salt
- Place the chia seeds in your high powered blender and blend into a meal.
- Add the cashews, lumuca powder and water to the chia meal and puree until smooth.
- Add the frozen blueberries, vanilla extract and pinch of salt to the cashew mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients until creamy.
Enjoy this creamy and rich drink when you want a little sweet treat.
For other healthy treats, check out:
- How to Brew Kombucha
- Chocolate Hazelnut Milk
- Homemade Almond Milk
- Ruby Red Apple Juice
- Cake Batter Milkshake
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!