Since apple picking last weekend, I have bags and bags of apples sitting in my fridge. I spent this past week knocking off different treats from my list of 10 autumn apple recipes. Of course, I left one important food off the list- a smoothie. You all know how much I love smoothies. I can’t believe I forgot. Therefore, I came up with an apple pie smoothie that is absolutely delicious. If you are craving an apple pie, why not try out this smoothie filled with all good foods and skip the processed ones! [print_this]
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 2 apples, cored and chopped or 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 cup of homemade almond milk
- 3 soaked dates or 1-2 Tbsp of maple syrup, honey, or coconut syrup
- 1/2 cup of oats, soaked (*optional)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of all-spice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or flavor
- pinch of sea salt
- Soak the oats in the 1 cup of almond milk overnight.
- If you decide to use dates as your sweetener, soak them as well in warm water for 30 minutes or until soft,
- Once the oats and dates are ready, place in your high powered blender, like the Blendtec.
- Add all the ingredients except the apples and ice, and blend.
- Once incorporated together add the apples and ice, and blend until creamy.
Tips and notes
- Add more sweetener or spices, if needed.
- *Use pecans if following a paleo diet.
- Added a handful of pecans you would get a more of a crust like the taste even with the oats. Oh- the possibilities with this wonderful smoothie. [/print_this]
Has your apple pie craving been curbed with this smoothie?
For other healthy smoothies, check out:
- Cake Batter Milkshake
- The Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Strawberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Chia Creamsicle Smoothie
- Almond Bliss Smoothie