I seriously love smoothies and one of my all-time favorites is my basic green smoothie. What I love the most is that I can get loads of nutrition in such a small glass. Sometimes I follow a recipe, and other times not so much, and it is a hit or miss. I have made some not so yummy smoothies, and have had to chug them fast. I just can’t bring myself to wasting. I could compost it, but drinking it is much better.
However, this vanilla strawberry smoothie is different. I mean, you can chug it if you want, but it is not required because it tastes that good! You be the judge. Hit or miss?
What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? [print_this]
Strawberry Vanilla Creamsicle Smoothie
Yields: 1 cup
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup of cashews, soaked 2-4 hours (optional)
- 3/4 cup homemade coconut milk—>Recipe Here
- 2 dates, soaked for 30 minutes to soften or 1 Tbsp of maple syrup, coconut syrup or honey—>Buy Here
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla vegan protein powder (optional)—>Buy Here
- pinch of salt
- Place the cashews, dates and coconut milk in a high powered blender—>Buy Here. Puree until smooth.
- Add the frozen strawberries, vanilla extract, vanilla powder and pinch of salt to the cashew mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients until creamy.
Tips and notes
- The protein powder is optional.
- If you don’t have strawberries, I am pretty sure raspberries and blueberries would taste amazing.
- The cashews can be substituted with macadamia nuts but will yield a slightly different taste.[/print_this]
Enjoy this creamy and rich drink when you want a little sweet treat.