My go-to multi-purpose cleaner of choice is vinegar and water and, depending on what I am cleaning, I may add some baking soda and/or different essential oils. You see – I try to limit the amount of plastic and toxins I bring into my home and that is one of the many reasons I like to make my own. However, buying a plastic jug of vinegar just seems counterproductive while trying to reduce my plastic footprint. What does a gal like me do? This is where my friend Louise from LouNatural comes in to save the “plastic” day!
Her ebook Culture Your Life – Kefir and Kombucha for Every Day Nourishment is choke-filled with Kefir and Kombucha recipes from cleaning your home to beauty care not to mention recipes for drinks and yummy treats. I especially love the idea of replacing white vinegar with Kombucha for cleaning. Good-bye plastic vinegar jug – hello almost plastic-free cleaning(darn sugar comes in a plastic bag). I make a batch of either Kombucha or Kefir every few weeks, and now I can just take what I need for cleaning and what I need for drinking. How fantastic is this?
And you thought Kefir and Kombucha were just for drinking? Bah!
Now, it is time to replace my white plastic jug with some homemade Kombucha. Will you make the switch?
Multi-Purpose Kombucha Cleaner
DIY All-Purpose Cleaner
- Homemade Kombucha
- Pinch of salt
- 5 drops Orange essential oil and 5 drops Thieves essential oil
- Mix 1/4 part homemade Kombucha, 3/4 part water, salt, and essential oils to an old glass spray bottle and shake! I repurposed this bottle instead of using plastic.
Looking For More Recipes?
Culture Your Life will teach you how to make:
- Homemade Kombucha and Kefir
- Kefir Hand Sanitizer
- Coconut Water Kefir Rinse (Shampoo!)
- Green Kefir Smoothie
- Cinnamon SCOBY snacks (crackers made from Kombucha SCOBYs!)
- Kombucha Fruit and Veggie Wash