If you haven't met my go-to natural remedy for when I'm feeling less than great, I'd like to introduce you to it: immune boosting lemon ginger tea.
Allergy season. Cold and flu season. Generally feeling under the weather or burnt out. We all get a little rundown, no matter what time of year it is. Rain or shine, snow days or beach days – sometimes our bodies can use a little extra attention and care.
Recently I wasn't feeling my best – seasonal allergies and a bit of cold had me feeling like I could use a bit of a boost. So, I asked tapped the hive-mind and asked around around looking for natural remedies that would make me feel more energetic, nourished, and alive. Lemon ginger tea, as it turns out, would become my new go-to fix for when I'm not feeling my best.
To help the tea do its job, and to give my immune-system the support it deserves, I supplemented the tea with these easy health-boosters:
- With my busy schedule, I find it difficult to get outside as much as I want to. To supplement the natural D I get from the sun, I always take Vitamin D. So first and foremost, I continued with this and even took a little extra.
- I took lots of elderberry syrup for my cough, about 1 tsp every hour until I was feeling better. That stuff tastes so delicious and is packed with goodness!
- I added more probiotics to my daily routine. Healthy gut, healthy body.
- I made sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Rule of life: if you're feeling less than healthy, drink more water. It's one of life's not-so-secret weapons.
- I made several batches of my vegetable soup which I could ladle into my mug between cups of lemon ginger tea. Loaded with fiber and nutrients your body needs to perform its best, it's a meal, snack, and immune-booster staple!
- And of course, I sipped on many cups of lemon ginger tea.
I love this tea. It tastes delicious. Feels nourishing. And will help your immune system do what it's supposed to do – keep you healthy and happy!
Did you make this immune boosting ginger lemon tea recipe?
If I've convinced you to give this lemon ginger tea recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it – I'd love to hear how you enjoy it in your daily routine! And be sure to let me know some of your favourite home remedies when you are sick. When we heal better together, we feel better together!
Immune Boosting Lemon Ginger Tea
- Boil the water and steep your tea.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and honey. Stir well to combine.
- Add your spices of choice. Stir well to combine.
- Drink and be prepared for some "spicy and hot" tea.
- Spices: add any spice that you enjoy and think would taste delicious or help your immune system. This recipe is highly adaptable and suited to your preferences so see what makes you feel best!
- Ginger tea: if you don't have store-bought bagged or loose-leaf ginger tea, you can make your own! Simply peel and thinly slice 2 Tbsp of fresh ginger. Add to boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain. Voila - fresh ginger tea.