Since I was feeling so under the weather all week, I asked around looking for some natural remedies that would do the trick and here is what everyone had to say. This is what I decided to test try and it worked great for me.
- I made sure to keep taking my Vitamin D, and a little extra.
- I took lots of elderberry syrup for my cough, about 1 tsp every hour until I was feeling better. That stuff tastes so delicious.
- Add more probiotics to my daily routine.
- I made sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- I sipped on many cups of lemon ginger tea.
- I made several batches of my vegetable soup and spiced it up to help get rid of this cold.
I love the tea, but I have not been able to persuade J.P to try it, even though he is coming down with a cold. He sure is missing out!
Since I am pretty much done my cold, I did not attempt the Master Tonic concoction that Sarah from Nature’s Nurture explains in detail. To be honest, when I saw the recipe, I was afraid. I am pretty sure it will kill me.
Lemon Ginger Immune Boosting Tea
- 1 cup hot water
- ginger tea
- 1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 drop Lemon+ Essential Oil
- 1 Tbsp raw organic honey
- The following ground spices: cayenne pepper cinnamon, turmeric, cloves and ginger (if you don't use ginger tea).
- Boil the water and steep your tea.
- Add the honey, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Stir.
- Add your spices of choice. Stir.
- Drink and be prepared for some "spicy and hot" tea.
What are some of your favourite home remedies when you are sick? Have you tried the Master Tonic?
For more healthy recipes and remedies, check out: