These small little chocolates are perfect to curb your sweet tooth craving. The hazelnut filling stays nice and creamy, while the chocolate is firm and crunchy. I am so happy they turned out the way they did. J.P was pleasantly surprised by my chocolate making skills, as was I! I have a few other flavors I am working on, that I will share in the next few weeks.
What flavors would you like me to test out? Any favorite combinations?
Yields: 16 small chocolates
- 3/4 cup of hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp of maple syrup or other liquid sweetner
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavor
- Place all the ingredients for the hazelnut filling into a high powered blender, and blend until creamy. You may need to scrap down the sizes to help with the blending.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Once melted, pour the coconut oil into a mixing bowl, and add in the rest of the chocolate ingredients. Stir.
- Pour chocolate into each mold, just enough to cover the bottom. I used an ice cube tray.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- Remove from the freezer, and place the hazelnut filling over each layer of the chocolate.
- Pour the remaining chocolate into each mold, until the hazelnut filling is completely covered.
- Return the molds to the freezer until firm.
For more tasty and healthy treats, check out:
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!