My least favorite thing to do is clean the bathtub and shower and that would be why I use a homemade daily shower spray. I usually pretend that I forgot to clean the tub when I clean the bathroom, in the hopes JP will do it. I know – sneaky! But it works most of the time. When it comes to cleaning, I don’t use anything fancy. I mostly use what I already have at home already and go from there. I usually reach for vinegar when cleaning but sometimes you need a good old scrub to get rid of the residue in the bathroom.
I do not use conventional cleaning products for the most part, as they have a long list of ingredients and usually some questionable ones at that. I feel more comfortable making my own safe and non-toxic cleaning products like this DIY non-toxic bathtub scrub. It works just as good or even better than any store-bought version. Washing soda is where it is at. It is a miracle on scum in the tub!
Try this DIY Non-Toxic Bathtub Scrub Cleaner
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup washing soda
- 1/2 cup liquid castle soap
- 25 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Mix baking soda, washing soda, and liquid soap in a medium-sized glass container until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Add essential oils and mix thoroughly.
- Use the paste all over your tub to give it a good clean.