This week we had friends that came to visit us in Fort Worth. Therefore, we went out to eat more often then I would have liked. I think the one thing we need to work on is going out for dinner, and limit it to only once a week.
When it came to groceries, we used what we had in the house. We actually only picked up some food at Central Market on Saturday afternoon for the coming week. On Tuesday, I will be picking up our veggie/fruit basket. My fingers are crossed that we do not receive any pumpkins or squash. We are all pumpkined and squashed out.
We signed little E up for “The Little Gym” once a week on Mondays. We actually had to pay the full amount until June. However, we will not be in Fort Worth until June- they reimburse the difference.
Food at Central Market
- 3 bunches of bananas
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 large bag of carrots in bulk (in my own cloth bag)
- 1 bottles of Kombucha
- 6 lemons
- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 4 glass bottles of fair trade organic root ginger beer
- Popcorn in bulk
- Nutritional yeast in bulk
- 1 small bunch of chives
- Granola in bulk
The Little Gym membership for E: 535.00
- Tuesday: J.P went to Chipotle for lunch 6.25
- Wednesday: We had friends in town, so we went to Fireside Pies for dinner.60.00
- Thursday: J.P went with his friends for lunch 11.00
- Thursday: J.P went to dinner at a steakhouse with our friends that came into town 50.00
- Friday: We went to Chipotle 13.53
I didn't juice as much as I usually do during the week. Therefore, our total weight of our compost was 7.6 lbs which is not as much as a typical week for us.I will be off this week to drop off our 2 bins!
We actually didn't have very much recycling this week.
The trash had the usual suspects: fruit/veggie stickers, plastic banana wrap, receipts, tie wrap from the lettuce, elastics from the fresh herbs and plastic from Kombucha.
We still have not filled up our gas tank and we have approximately one-quarter of a tank left. I love my diesel! The total kilometers was 101.6 (63.1 mi). Pretty good.
Do you think you would be able to go one week waste-free?