I am a big smoothie fan especially now that I have a Blendtec, it just makes smoothie making so much easier. I personally love the colour and taste of green smoothies, and there are so many difference combinations out there. They are simple to make and just plain delicious. To keep things fun, rotate your greens and even fruit. Let your creative juices flow and see what kind of green smoothie you will blend.
Care to share your favorite green smoothie? If you have one that you love, leave a comment with the link! [print_this]
Basic Green Smoothie
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- Greens (I used 8 rainbow chard leaves, but spinach, lettuce, or collard greens work just as well)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup of ice
- 1-2 dates, soaked
- Place everything in your high powered blender, and blend until creamy and well combined. I used my Blendtec, but a regular blender or even a food processor would work.
- Pour into a glass and sip with your glass or stainless steel straw. [/print_this]
Check out these other delicious smoothies:
- Chocolate Green Smoothie
- Almond Bliss Smoothie
- Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
- Blueberry Creamsicle Smoothie
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!