Soup season has officially arrived with the return of fall but I have been in the kitchen souping up a storm for months. I am pretty sure my family is all souped out. Little do they know, this is just the beginning of all things soup related because there is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup on a cool crisp day!
I love this particular soup because of the addition of the hemp seeds for that nice protein punch. Personally, I don’t really like the taste of hemp seeds, but in this soup, you wouldn’t even know they are there. Sneaky. Sneaky. My husband just said as I was getting my recipe up “there are hemp seeds in the soup?” If he didn’t notice, nobody will.
What is your favorite soup? [print_this]
Cauliflower Leek Soup
Yields: 2-4 servings depending on size of bowls
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 large leek or 2 smalls leeks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil (click here to purchase -affiliate link) for sautéing
- 3-4 cups of steamed water
- 3 Tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- Himalayan salt (click here to purchase -affiliate link) and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Steam the cauliflower for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Sauté the chopped garlic and leeks in a cast iron pan (click here to purchase -affiliate link) until they start to brown.
- Let the cauliflower, leeks and garlic cool before placing everything in a high powered blender. (click here to purchase here -affiliate link)
- Add 3-4 cups of the steamed water in the blender.
- Add hemp seeds (click here to purchase -affiliate link) and cashews.
- Blend until creamy.
Tips and Notes
- Make sure to soak the cashews prior to using.
- Make sure the cauliflower and leeks are cooled before adding to the blender especially if you have a plastic jug.
- If you are allergic to nuts, the cashews can be omitted or substitute the cashews with sunflower seeds. [/print_this]
For other fall foods you may enjoy, check out: