I usually don’t make my smoothies very thick. I tend to like them on the thin side. But for some reason, I thought it would be a grande idea to add oats to my morning smoothie to change it up. I must admit it was a really great idea. The smoothie was so thick, jus like a milkshake, and everyone likes a milkshake, right?
There are endless possibilities with this smoothie. Add strawberries for a strawberry shake. Add vanilla flavor and/or vanilla protein powder for vanilla flavoring. See! I told you so there were many options.
How will you make your shake-shake this morning? Are you a thick or thin smoothie gal (or guy)?
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or any nut milk
- 1/2 cup of green tea
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1tsp of cinnamon or more perhaps
- 2 tbsp of raw cocoa
- 3 dates or any type of sweetener
- 1 frozen banana
- Optional- ice
- Optional- chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Combine the almond milk, green tea, oats, cinnamon and raw cocoa in a glass bowl. Stir and place the mixture in the fridge for a few hours or even over night.
- Add the dates, banana and oat mixture to a blender (I use my Blendtec), and process until smooth and creamy.
- If you are pressed for time or sometimes just feel lazy like me, you can simply place all the ingredients in your blender and skip the soaking part. I have done both methods and the soaking version is simply thicker and more flavorful.
breakfast, chocolate, organic, recipe, smoothie, vegan