I have been in a major snacking mood lately. I enjoy all sorts of nuts and I am always looking for ways to change up my snacking routine.
Brazil nuts are a great way to get your selenium intake daily. I try to have 2 brazil nuts a day, but they are not my favorite tasting nut. However, when I mixed them with some chocolate and sweetness the flavor was divine and oh so gooey. It tastes sinful, but so healthy.
What are your favorite treats to munch on?
- 2 cups of brazil nuts
- 2 cups of raisins and/or dates
- 1/4 cup of raw cocoa powder
- Coconut for coating
- Place the brazil nuts, raisins/dates and raw cocoa powder in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Process until the mixture becomes creamy. The oils will eventually release and make it creamy.
- Roll the dough into balls and coat them with coconut.
- Place in the fridge until firm.