I was hopping from website to website yesterday drooling over all the yummy vegan recipes I could find; sometimes I can actually spend hours getting lost in all of the recipes. Please don’t tell my husband, most of the time I should be doing something more productive.
I stumbled upon one recipe, well actually many recipes I wanted to try. One stood out though: Cake Batter Milkshake from Chocolate Covered Katie. If you have never seen her site or tried her recipes you are most definitely missing out. She transforms traditionally unhealthy foods to something deliciously healthy. I recently made her Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake, and boy oh boy, it did not disappoint.
Back to the cake batter- I was inspired by this simple milkshake recipe. Therefore, I decided to make a slightly different version. I have never actually tried cake batter ice cream or anything, so I cant say for 100% certainty if it my recipe tastes like cake batter, but I think it is rather tasty.
What other flavours do you think would taste good? Does it actually taste like cake batter?
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp of coconut butter, recipe here
- 2 Tbsp of coconut flour, recipe here
- 2 Tbsp of any nut butter, recipe here (I used peanut butter because that is what I had. Next time I am going to try it with homemade cashew butter instead.)
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavour or extract
- 1 cup of vegan milk, nut milk recipe here, and coconut milk here
- Optional- raw chocolate powder for garnish or/and sprinkles
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender- I used my Blendtec
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- The milkshake will be very thick. If you want it thinner just add more nut milk, or if you want it thicker use less nut milk.
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!
cake batter, milkshake, organic, raw, recipe, vegan