The holidays are just around the corner, and I am running around preparing our trip back home. We leave next week for a full 2 weeks. Not only do I need to pack, but I also need to come up with a few meal plans for the 24th and 25th to ensure I have something good to eat while visiting family.
One food that will most definitely make the cut is Kristen Suzanne’s Raw Cinnamon Brownies. What tastes better than just plain chocolate you may ask? Cinnamon and chocolate mixed together, of course. Not only will I be enjoying this dessert, but I am pretty sure I will also have to make extras for those who see how tasty they look!
I wanted to share one of Kristen’s recipes because she is one of my all-time favorite raw food chefs and just an all-around great woman. She has been so helpful and inspirational to me in my transition to a vegan and raw lifestyle. If you are not sure about the raw/vegan lifestyle, just look at Kristen, she is glowing!
Raw Cinnamon Brownies
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw walnuts or almonds
- Pinch sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of raw chocolate powder I used raw carob powder and it was tasty
- 12-15 Medjool dates or a cup of raisins
- Process all the ingredients except for the dates to a coarse grind in a food processor.
- Add the Medjool dates to the mixture.
- Process until it begins to stick together.
- Roll the batter into individual balls or place them in a square baking dish.
- Place the brownie bites in the fridge or freezer. I chose the freezer because I am impatient and I wanted a brownie quickly.
- *There is no need to soak the seeds or walnuts.
These brownies are quick and easy to prepare. They are perfect anytime- I even had a piece or many two after my green smoothie the other morning. I was even nice enough to share a sliver with little E.
Enjoy the cinnamon goodness!