While I began venturing into the vegan lifestyle, I thought frequently: “What about fudge? Will I be able to have a piece without the butter and heavy creams.” The answer is, of course, yes. And the best part about this fudge is that it is super duper healthy.
Being pregnant has only put my sweet tooth into overdrive and this is the perfect way to satisfy it.
I tried 2 different versions- one with apple sauce and the other with a banana. If you decide on the banana, it will have a slight banana taste, and the same with the apple if you choose the apple sauce. Both taste very good, but different. I personally like the apple sauce version best.
For the sweetener, I used maple syrup, but next time I am going to make a date paste and see how that pans out.
Does this fudge deliver?
Enjoy this creamy and tasty alternative to conventional fudge!
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw chocolate powder
- 1 cup of peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce or 1/2 a banana
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup of sweetener (honey, agave, or maple syrup), depending on your sweet tooth-
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavour
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass pan, and place in the freezer for about an hour to firm up.
- Once firm, cut into squares. You can either put the fudge back in the freezer or simply leave it in the fridge. Both ways taste yummy.