Before finishing off the last of this delicious chocolate lemon pudding, I decided it was best to snap a picture so I could share the recipe. If you like chocolate with a hint of lemon, you are in for a treat! I bet subbing for lime would taste devine as well, and I thought my mint chocolate mousse was a hit. Little E gobbled it all down and made quite the mess. It is so easy and simple to prepare, and tastes much better than any store bought processed pudding I have tried. Not to toot my own horn or anything.
And, you can easily half the recipe if you think it will be too much. I personally found this amount to be perfect. We all had some after dinner and there was just enough left for me the next day.
What are some of your favorite pudding recipes?
Chocolate Lemon Pudding
Yields 4-5 cups
- 2 avocados
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of liquid sweetener of choice- honey, agave, maple syrup or coconut syrup. (I haven’t tried it with date paste, but I am sure that could be used in place of the liquid sweetener.
- 1 1/2 cups of raw cacao powder or sub with carob powder
- 2/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp or more of lemon extract
- Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender (a food processor would work) and incorporate until smoothie.
- Once blended, place in a sealed container in your fridge for 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Keeps for up to 3 or 4 days in the fridge, that is if it lasts that long.
For more healthy treats, check out:
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!