I am not sure if any of you know the talented Amber, from Almost Vegan, but if you don’t you should go check her out after you have read my recipe, of course. She is a mostly raw vegan chef and recently published her first raw recipe book, Practically Raw. I was lucky enough to have met her in person back in the Fall at the Texas State Veggie Fair in Dallas, and what a treat that was- such a down to earth gal.
Just the other day, she posted a Cake Batter Balls recipe and she had me at cake. I immediately ran to the kitchen to make them, and was so happy that I did after biting into one. It was perfect.
While I was gobbling them all down with little E, I was inspired to make something along the same lines, but with chocolate or carob if you prefer.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of vanilla protein powder (I used Sun Warrior)
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa will do) or carob powder
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 4-5 tbsp of water
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp of mint extract
- Mash a banana in a bowl with a fork.
- Add all the ingredients except the water to the banana mash.
- Stir and combine the ingredients well. There will probably still be some powder that will not mix with he banana. Therefore, begin adding in the water a tablespoon at a time until it reaches a consistency that you are able to roll them into balls.
- If you add too much water or are just lazy like me- put them in a dish and make squares.
- Place in the freezer until firm.
- Once you are ready to eat one square (or all of them), let them sit on the counter for a few minutes to thaw slightly so they are easier to cut. Allowing them to thaw, will make them creamy as you take a bite.
Will you take a just a bite or perhaps two?
And here we are. Please don’t mind my hair, my bra showing and how disorganized I look.Terrible. On the other hand, Amber looks great. So, stare at her.