I enjoy having a nice creamy smoothie in the morning. It fills me up and only takes moments to prepare. They are great to have on the go or as a quick snack during the day. I tend to change it up between green smoothies and not so green smoothies depending on my mood, and sometimes I have one of each a day!
Brazil nuts are loaded with selenium which is not found in many foods. Selenium is necessary for thyroid function and immune system functioning, as well as for overall health. Selenium also helps with joint health.
This basic brazil nut milk is so easy, and quick. The best part no straining is required. Just place it all in the food processor and blend. Then let your creatively go to work and add all your favorite flavors.
The basic brazil nut milk
- 1/4 cup of brazil nuts
- 1-2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon or more of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raisins with 1/4 cup of water for blending
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Place the raisins in the food processor, add the 1/4 cup of water and blend into a paste. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processors with the raisins and blend until smooth. Add the ice and blend some more for a nice cool drink.
- *The sweetener is optional. The banana does add some sweetness.*It is optional to blend the raisins before adding the ingredients. You can just place them all in the food processor if you like.
The mega brazil nut smoothie
- the basic nut milk minus the ice
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
- optional: 2 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- *Optional: Blend the raisins with the 1/4 cup of water to make a paste. Set the raisin paste aside if you are grinding the oatmeal and flax seeds into a fine powder. I do these two steps because it makes drinking from a straw more fun and easier for my little one to drink as well.
If you decide that grinding up the ingredients takes too much time, make the basic brazil nut milk first and then add all the other ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add the ice and continue to blend.
Voila, a nice creamy drink. Enjoy.