Are you concerned with the amount of waste you create and where it all ends up? Do you eat whole foods and skip the junk? Do you wake up each and every morning feeling happy and at your best? Do you have that coconut oil glow? Do you feel vibrant inside and out? If you answered yes to any or all of these question, it looks like you are already undieting to vibrant health. High five. And bonus the book is full of amazing recipes like the blue-green power smoothie.
I have a total girl crush on Meghan Telpner, um- I mean her UnDiet lifestyle. Her “Undiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health” (Purchase the book here –affiliate) is a gentle and fun approach to health, offering different tips to affect change in your life. While reading, I honestly felt like I had my BFF cheering “you can do it” alongside me.
Undiet (where to buy) is not a diet. It is not a recipe book- yet it is filled with over 40 delicious gluten-free and plant-based recipes. It is a lifestyle shift presented by Meghan in such a way that you are left wondering why you are not already living by her mantra. She makes it effortless and sustainable: keep the foods and your day to day routines as whole, natural and enjoyable. Easy peasy.
It is all about going back to eating real, whole foods and avoiding the foods laced with nasty chemicals. It is about ditching the toxins in your beauty and cleaning products as well those in your relationships. Basically, out with what is dragging you down and in with what will make you a more vibrant, and happy person.
I was left feeling energized and ready to take on anything that was thrown at me. I was inspired by her story of being diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, beating the odds by changing her lifestyle drastically, and becoming this ever so fabulous, cheer-leading nutritionista that she is now.
In her book, she breaks it down- why calories don’t count, how to eat real food, optimize time in the kitchen and how to kick cravings. As this isn’t just a food thing, she also brings in a posse of experts to help back up her chapters on lower impact living, natural beauty care and the final chapter, all about the little lifestyle changes we can make that have big and wonderful results.
I, thereafter, decided to implement changes in my own life, take the bull by the horns and roll with it. Not an easy task, but an important one if I wanted to have a much more fulfilled life and get that glow. Sometimes it takes that one person to say it differently than all the others around you and it just clicks. Meghan is that person.
Thank you for your inspiration. Thank you for being you. Thank you for this “awesometown” book. Thank you for making me vibrant in ways I didn’t know I could.
Do you want to feel on top of the world? Do you want to undiet your life?
- Purchase her book her (where to buy)
- Sign-up for Meghan’s really fun little 5-challenge, three day UnDiet Test Drive program. It includes the transitions plus a three day meal-plan and all the recipes.
- You can chug her Blue-Green Power Smoothie (recipe below). It might not give you superhero powers per-say, but you might feel like superman or woman while filling your body with all these amazing minerals and nutrients.
Today is the day. Make it happen. –Meghan Telpher
Blue-Green Power Smoothie
Blue-Green Power Smoothie
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 cups of water more or less depending on desired consistency
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 of a fresh or frozen banana
- 5 romain leaves
- 1 handful of spinach
- 4 inch cucumber
- 2 tbsp of goji berries where to buy
- 2 tbsp of hemp seeds where to buy
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds where to buy
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil where to buy
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- Add all the ingredients to a high powered blender and process until smooth.
- If you dot have the best blender in the whole world, blend some of the liquid ingredients first then add the tougher ones.
For other healthy drinks, check out:
Recipe excerpted from Undiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health. Copyright © 2013 Meghan Telpner. Published by McClelland & Stewart, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
Love this recipe? Love the Undiet philosophy?