Last week one of my wonderful greenie friends, Tiffany from NatureMom.com made a request for a gingerbread smoothie recipe. Of course, I took up the challenge. I wasn’t sure how it would taste or even look for that matter. I tried a few batches, and I think I came up with a nice gingerbread cookie in a glass. By all means, it doesn’t taste exactly like a cookie, but festive nonetheless. I mean, even my cinnamon, all spice hating husband thought it was pretty tasty! That has to be worth something. No?
Give it a whirl and let me know if you are thinking of a gingerbread cookie while sipping away!
And just to be clear, no gingerbread men were harmed in the making of this smoothie.
Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp of molasses
- 1 tsp of cinnamon or more to taste
- 1 tsp of all spice or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavor
- Blend all the ingredients together in your blender, I used my Blendtec.
- Pour into a glass and drink. Done. For the spices, go with what your taste buds are telling you. I tend to go overboard on the cinnamon.
For the spices, go with what your taste buds are telling you. I tend to go overboard on the cinnamon.
Here are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!