Seems like it is shake time! I just love the combination of chocolate and bananas, but that can get so boring after a while. I figured I needed to step up my game and add some super-foods (where to buy). There is where the hemp part comes in- chocolate hemp shake sounds just perfect, no?. I am a such a big hemp seeds fan for all these reasons:
- They are an incredible vegan source of biologically available and easily digested protein.
- They contain a healthy anti-inflammatory 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fat.
- They are rich in disease-fighting, plant-based phytonutrients and anti-aging antioxidants such as vitamin E.
- They provide a rich array of minerals including zinc, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium and iron.
- and they can be grown in Canada!
Now that you know how awesome these little seeds are, run out and get some to add to this most delicious and creamy shake! You will not regret it!
- 1 capsule activated charcoal
- 1 tbsp green clay or any clay will do
- 1 tsp or more water
- 1-2 drops Frankincense Essential Oil or Chamomile Essential Oil or Cypress Essential Oil
- 1/2-1 tsp castor oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together into a smooth paste in a wooden bowl using a wooden spoon
- Wash face with a mild cleanser and pat partially dry.
- Apply the mask evenly and let sit until dry, about 10 minutes.
- After the mask dries, wash it off, pat face and apply a some coconut oil.
- If you are having difficulties removing the activated charcoal off your face, wipe coconut oil over your face to help remove the lingering charcoal.
For more healthy chocolate recipes: