I grew up enjoying chocolate fudgsicles. Loved those bad boys. I have not bitten into one in a very long time. Most contain cow’s milk and/or lots of refined sugars which isn’t of interest to me anymore. I do on the other hand love homemade coconut milk, and thought it should be simple enough to make a dairy-free version. Quite simple actually, with only 4 ingredients. It does have a slight banana taste but the rich cacao makes up for it.
What is your favorite popsicle recipe?
Chocolate Coconut Milk Popsicles
Yields: approximately 6 popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk (<–affiliate link), or homemade coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2-4 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp of raw cacao powder (<–affiliate link)
- Place all the ingredients in a high powered blender (<–affiliate link). Blend until creamy.
- Pour the popsicle mixture into the popsicle mold (<–affiliate link). Place in the freezer.
Tips and Notes
- Any liquid sweetener such as honey, or coconut syrup (<–affiliate link) will work. It may yield a slightly different flavor.
- I am sure frozen raspberries would add a nice twist to the popsicle.
- The number of popsicles will depend on the size of the popsicle molds.
For other healthy treats, check out: