Putting toxic chemicals under your arms stinks! That’s why MightyNest, an internet retailer of extraordinarily high quality and safe products for your home and family, asked me to put non-toxic Primal Pit Paste deodorant to the test.
Find out why you should choose a natural deodorant, then take the Earth Day pledge below. Your pits will thank you, and you could win a Happy Pit Pack from MightyNest!
MightyNest Earth Day Challenge
I am dreading the day that my kids start school and the chocolate bar fundraising begins. All I can think about is the waste associated with the bars, how unhealthy they are and the fact they are non-organic, and non-fair-trade. We aren’t actually teaching our kids anything except how to be a chocolate bar pusher. My kind of fundraising involves teaching our children how to make healthier and more eco-friendly choices. This is where MightyNest comes in.
When members of the school community shop at MightyNest.com, 15% of their purchases go to your school. Excellent! Members of the school community can choose from hand-picked household essentials that are better for their health and the planet. MightyNest carries products for active, healthy families including kitchen items, lunch gear, toys, baby products, cleaning supplies and personal care products. Now this is my kind of fundraising!
Now to the Earth day Challenge – MightyNest is mobilizing parents and schools to make healthy changes that benefit families and the planet. Until April 28th, 2014 school supporters can earn impact points at schools.mightynest.com by pledging to make simple changes. The school earning the most points will win a $1000 grand prize and other top schools will share $3000 in additional prizing.
This is how we can all make a difference. Educate our children to make good choices all the while keeping the planet in mind. Now this is my kind of fundraising. Where do I sign-up?
My Primal Pit Paste Experiment
Before accepting the deodorant challenge, I of course, had to check the ingredients list: organic shea butter, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic arrowroot powder, aluminum free baking soda, essential oils. Sounds perfect, actually. Now – does it work is the question?
I have been using a very similar deodorant to Primal Pit Paste for months now, but I have to say, I am loving all the different scents that are available for this particular brand. For myself, I really do love the deodorant. It is easy to use, smells amazing, and a little goes a long way! I find that it works great for me and will continue to use it daily.
My husband tested the unscented version, just to get a different point of view. He has not given up his cancer stick yet, and I am trying to get it out of our home! His thoughts “I didn’t smell, but I don’t like the fact that my “manly” hairs get all caught-up in the deodorant stick.” All in all, he liked it, but I think it will take some more work to get him to completely switch over. This is most definitely a work in progress.
5 Reasons to Ditch Your Toxic Deodorant
Many conventional deodorants contain harmful ingredients, that we shouldn’t be applying to our skin. In small amounts, perhaps the ramifications are less, but if we are applying it daily along with other products, the harm to our bodies is much greater.
- Parabens – They are endocrine disruptors and are estrogenic in nature, meaning that they have the potential to disrupt the natural balance of delicate hormones in our bodies and promote horrible things like breast cancer and reproductive toxicity. Even deodorants labeled “all-natural” still contain harmful ingredients ending in methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyl and butyl.
- Fragrances – You really do not want fragrances in your deodorant or any other beauty product for that matter. Companies are not required to list the origin of the “fragrance.” Therefore, it really could be anything from synthetic to pure essential oils. The fragrance industry takes great care to hide from the consumer exactly how chemical fragrances are concocted using any blend of the 3,100 stock chemical ingredients that are available.
- Absorption – It only takes 26 seconds for a body care product to enter our bloodstream. It seems like it would makes a lot of sense to choose these products wisely, especially when they are applied express route through the arm pit.
- Aluminum – Aluminum salts are used in antiperspirants to clog pores and block sweat. This heavy metal aluminum is contained in most deodorants and has been known to be disguised under “alum” in some all-natural deodorants. This particular study demonstrated the link between aluminum exposure and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate – A well low skin irritant, suspected carcinogen and has been linked to kidney and liver damage; nervous system disruption; damage to eyes leading to cataracts; eczema and dermatitis.
Take the Pledge
By taking the pledge to go all-natural, your body will thank you so very much!
This is a sponsored post by MightyNest. All thoughts are my own.