Green Tea Hot Chocolate
It is beginning to feel a lot like winter here in Quebec. There is no snow to report, but it sure feels like it could fall any day now. I love to cuddle up with a book and a nice cup of green tea on these warm nights. However, I was craving a hot chocolate which I don’t remember the last time I had. I thought why not add the two together? And, this is how the green tea hot chocolate was born.
Pour this green tea hot chocolate into 2 mugs and enjoy!
- 2 cups of unsweetened homemade coconut milk, or filtered water (where to buy); warmed
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cacao powder (where to buy)
- 1-2 tbsp of honey or coconut sugar (where to buy)
- 1 green tea bag (where to buy)
- Steep the green tea in your choice of water or coconut milk.
- Pour the steeped tea in your high powdered blender (where to buy)
- Add the cacao powder (where to buy), and sweetener (where to buy) to the green tea in the blender.
- Blend until creamy.
Notes and Tips
opted to use homemade coconut milk, and while it tasted very good, there were a few coconut particles. If you are looking for a creamy and more rich version, perhaps store bought might be better. I would not boil the homemade coconut milk, it tends to separate the water and coconut a little.