I am a big mint and chocolate fan. I think I may have mentioned this before. Have you tried my Mint Chocolate Smoothie or Mini Mint Cookies? All three of these recipes will be making an appearance over the next few weeks.
I have never attempted to bake cookies using chickpeas, but since I am in love with this cookie dough dip made with chickpeas, it was a no brainer that I needed to find a delicious chickpea cookie recipe. I stumbled across these Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies and these Mint and Chocolate Chickpea Cookie Balls. All I can say is I wish I would have thought to make cookies with chickpeas sooner.
I was missing certain ingredients for both recipes, and had to improvise. Therefore, this is how my mint balls were born. If you love mint and chocolate and do not mind a healthy treat, these mint balls are for you. They are simple and quite quick to make. Give them a whirl and let me know how you like them!
Will they be on your holiday treat list?
Yields: Approximately 30 balls
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup of any nut or seed butter (I used peanut butter because that is what I had on hand)
- 3 Tbsp of liquid sweetener (honey, agave, maple syrup or coconut nectar)
- 1 Tbsp of coconut flour (I used raw coconut flour)
- 1 tsp or more of mint extract (I used 1 Tbsp because I love mint!)
- Water or nut milk, as needed
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips; try my homemade version
- Process the chickpeas in a food processor until pureed.
- Add the nut butter, liquid sweetener, coconut flour and mint extract. Combine well.
- Add water or nut milk at this point to help with the processing, if needed.
- It should form a dough ball.
- Place the dough in a glass bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Once incorporated, roll the dough into small balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.