It is beginning to feel a lot like winter here in Quebec. There is no snow to report, but it sure feels like it could fall any day now. I love to cuddle up with a book and a nice cup of green tea on these warm nights. However, I was craving a hot chocolate which I don’t remember the last time I had. I thought why not add the two together? And, this is how the green tea hot chocolate was born.
Green Tea Hot Chocolate
Yields: 2 cups
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk, or water; warmed
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 Tbsp of unsweetened cacao owder
- 1-2 Tbsp of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, or coconut syrup)
- Steep the green tea in either water or coconut milk.
- Pour the steeped tea in your high powdered blender.
- Add the cacao powder, and sweetener to the green tea in the blender
- Blend until creamy.
- Pour into 2 mugs and enjoy.
Notes and tips
- I opted to use homemade coconut milk, and while it tasted very good, there were a few coconut particles. If you are looking for a creamy and more rich version, perhaps store bought might be better.
- I would not boil the homemade coconut milk, it tends to separate the water and coconut a little.
For other healthy drink options, check out:
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!
food, holidays, hot chocolate, organic, recipes, vegan