7 Health Benefits of Cucumbers
The beauty of the cucumber is it’s water content, 95%, phenomenal in and of itself and not found in any other food. Seeing as it has such a high water-content, this makes it a very hydrating food to consume containing large amounts of antioxidants.
I love cucumbers—hands down they are my favorite fruit.Yes, cucumbers are actually a fruit. Who knew? I love them just as they for the most part, but sometimes I like to change up my cucumber routine and have them as a juice or add them to a dip.
7 Cool Health Benefits of Cucumbers
- Keeps you hydrated. Since cucumbers are 95%-96% water, they are deeply hydrating and aid in eliminating toxins from your body.
- Keeps your nails strong. The high silica content in the cucumbers helps your nails from splitting and breaking.
- Revives your eyes. Placing chilled cucumber circles over your eyes will help to decrease under-eye bags and puffiness.
- They are a chock full of nutrients. Our bodies need minerals and vitamins for them to act properly. One cucumber has your daily dose of vitamins. Some of the vitamins found in cucumbers include: Vitamin A, C, K, iron, calcium and potassium, which boosts immunity, gives you energy, and keeps you radiant.
- Reduces stress. Cut up a whole cucumber and place it in a pot of boiling water. The nutrients and chemicals from the cucumber will react with the boiling water, and release the beneficial properties through the steam. This will induce a calm, and relaxing aroma in the atmosphere.
- Cuts cancer. Cut down your risk of several different cancers by including cucumbers in your diet. Several studies demonstrate its cancer-fighting potential.
- Alkalizing. They correct the acid imbalance in your body, which can contribute to disease. When your body is an alkaline state, germs tend to get a foothold.
Super Cool Cucumber Recipes
Try one of these seven recipes to enjoy the benefits of eating cucumbers.
- Cucumber Lemonade: The easiest lemonade you will probably ever make without all the refined sugars.
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce: Grab some veggies, such as cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, celery and dip them in this creamy vegan tzatziki sauce.
- Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad: This is my all time favorite cucumber recipe from UnCooking101. You have to try it.
- Cucumber Melon Smoothie: This smoothie combines cantaloupe, watermelon, fresh mint, and cucumber for a drink that goes down easy and wakes you up on hot summer mornings
- Cucumber Boats: Simply cut some cucumbers lengthwise and top with a nice pâté, such as my walnut pâté
- Alkalizing Cleansing Juice: This cucumber juice helps to rebuild, rejuvenate, and re-mineralize your body in the most wonderful and delicious way. It’s chock full of minerals and hydrating components from celery and cucumber, along with the calming properties of romaine. The cilantro adds some great blood purifying qualities and a “clean” flavor to balance it.
- Cucumber Apple Juice: This juice is perfect for anyone looking to detox or simply looking for a refreshing drink!
How will you be enjoying the healthly benefits of cucumbers?