I am a big berry anything fan and am so excited that the berry season is just around the corner. For the last month or so, I have been making this delicious vanilla cashew cream and mixing it with berries and nuts for breakfast and sometimes even for dinner. Yes, I live on the edge sometimes.
What is your favorite berry recipe?
Berries and Vanilla Cream
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 1/2 cups of berries, chopped if using strawberries
- 1 Tbsp of buckwheat groats, soaked for an hour
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts, almonds and walnut are my favorite
- 1/4 cup of vanilla cashew cream
- Chop the nuts.
- Mix the nuts in a small bowl with the buckwheat groats, shredded coconut and chia seeds. Put aside.
- Cut up the berries, if needed.
- Start by layering some berries on the bottom of your mason jar.
- Then place some of the nut mixture on top.
- Spoon over a layer of vanilla cashew cream.
- Keep layering until the mason jar is filled.
Tips and notes
- Use any nut or seed that you have on hand.
- Any type of berry will work. I used frozen berries, but fresh will be just as tasty.
- Hemp seeds could be a nice addition to up the protein.
- The possibilities are endless with this recipe.
- To be honest, I usually just throw everything in a bowl and mix it all up, but that wouldn’t make a very nice picture, now would it?
For other healthy foods, check out:
- Coconut Magic Bars
- Chocolate Coconut Butter
- Almond Raisin Cookies
- Almond Butter
- Raw Chocolate Tarts
- Raw Chia Seed Strawberry Jam
There are affiliate links in this post and any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket to support the continued content in this blog. Thank you.