Who doesn’t love chocolate? But when you pair it with mint, it makes the experience that much better. This chocolate mousse or we can just call it pudding, is a great snack, or desert anytime. It takes no time to whip up and you don’t even need a blender. A food processor will work just as well.
Why buy the store-bought variety of pudding that is highly processed, filled with refined sugars and preservatives, when you can have this health alternative. Your kids or family members won’t even know there is avocado in it, unless you tell them! Just take my word for it and it is a go. But please let me know what you think.
Vegan Chocolate Mint Mousse
- 1 avocado
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened raw cacao
- 3 dates, soaked or 2 Tbsp of liquid sweetener such as honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp of homemade almond milk, homemade coconut milk or just water
- 1 tsp mint/peppermint extract or 1 drop Peppermint + essential oil
- Optional: garnish with fruits (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with water to soften.
- Once soft, place in your blender and blend with 1-2 Tbsp of water to make a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
Tips and notes
- Add chocolate chips or cacao nibs as a garnish
- If you don’t have raw cacao, use the unsweetened variety of chocolate.
- If you don’t like mint, no problem, just omit it for a simple chocolate mousse. [/print_this/]
Enjoy the minty goodness!
For other healthy snacks, check out: