Sweet, delicious homemade cashew milk – how I love you so. I'm constantly sipping on something around the house, and I'm a big nut milk drinker for a lot of reasons (see below!) You can bet that when I'm not drinking my green smoothie with homemade almond milk or homemade coconut milk, I'm enjoying a batch of homemade cashew milk. It really is my favourite dairy-free nut milk!
There are a lot of ingredients you can buy easier than you can make at home, but homemade cashew milk is not one of the; it's so easy! I don't know why anyone would ever buy cashew milk when you could have a perfectly good – and simple – homemade cashew milk recipe in your back pocket. You don't even have to strain it! It's one less step than the other homemade milk versions, and with so much going on all the time, I'm down for anything that makes my job in the kitchen – and green living – easier.
My favourite way to use this homemade cashew milk recipe is either adding it to a smoothie or pouring it over some nut granola or oatmeal. Or, if you want a vegan, non-dairy alternative to cream, or maybe a loved one has a lactose sensitivity (65% of the world's population does!), cashew milk is the perfect substitution.
Five Reasons To Choose Cashew Milk
- It's SO delicious! The cashew milk flavour is less nutty than other nut milks which makes it a little more mild and easy to integrate into other dishes.
- Speaking of integrate, the creamy cashew milk texture works well in soups, smoothies, dressings, sauces, richer desserts, and even in your daily coffee. I'll drink a cup – or 3 – to that!
- Homemade cashew milk is quicker to make than other nut milks because there's no pulp to filter – just blend and enjoy.
- Cashew milk is a good source of healthy fats, magnesium, iron, potassium and zinc – several things our bodies need to function at their best.
- Making homemade cashew milk is much cheaper than buying it from the store, and it's free from any additional fillers or preservatives. Clean eating win!
Did you make this homemade cashew milk recipe?
If I've convinced you to give this cashew milk recipe a try, be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make it – I'd love to hear how you use it in your own kitchen!
Homemade Cashew Milk Recipe
- Place cashews in a bowl and soak in water - enough to cover generously - for 4 hours
- Strain and rinse
- Place cashews in a high powered blender with 4 C filtered water and dates
- Blend until creamy (approximately 1 minute)
- No need to strain; drink and enjoy!
Check out more nut milk and smoothie recipes: