Sweet, sweet homemade cashew milk- how I love you so. I’m a big nut milk drinker, and besides making my green smoothie with homemade almond milk or homemade coconut milk, I would choose cashew milk any day! I love the fact that you don’t have to strain your homemade cashew milk. It’s one less step than the other homemade milk versions, and I’m down with the easy life.
Four Reasons To Choose Cashew Milk
- Less nutty flavour than other nut milks
- Creamy texture so it works well in soups, smoothies, and even in your daily coffee
- Quicker to make because there’s no pulp to filter
- Good source of healthy fats and magnesium
My favourite way to use my homemade cashew milk is either adding it to a smoothie or pouring it over some nut granola. If you want a healthier, vegan alternative to cream, cashew milk is perfect. It works so well in creamy soups, dressings, sauces, and richer desserts.
So, have I convinced you to give cashew milk a try? Making it yourself is much cheaper than buying it and free from any additional fillers.
Homemade Cashew Milk
- Soak the cashew for 4 hours.
- Strain the cashews and rinse them.
- Place them in a high powered blender with the 4 cups of water and dates.
- Blend until creamy.
- No need to strain it.
- For more nut milk and smoothie recipes, check out: