I don’t remember the last time I had cookie dough. I use to love gobbling up cookie dough ice cream like it was going out of style. Since changing up my eating habits, I thought I had to say good-bye to cookie dough forever. But I don’t, and either do you. This heathy treat is scrumptious and just as delicious as its non-vegan counterpart. I actually think it tastes better. The best part is you don’t have to make cookies to make this cookie dough. All you need are 3 simple ingredients- dates, coconut flakes and chocolate chips. Simple enough.
After making the recipe, I realized the variations of the recipe can be endless. I bet a tablespoon or two of peanut, cashew or almond butter would give it a super rich flavor, or perhaps adding some raisins or any dried fruit. Let your imagination go wild, and let me know how you enjoy your cookie dough.
- 20 dates, soaked for 1-2 hours, and drained
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter, or homemade coconut butter
- 1/2 cup of dried coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or you can make a homemade version
- 1tsp or more depending on taste of vanilla extra
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter, optional, but I highly recommend it
Place the dates and coconut butter in a food processor and mix until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the coconut flakes and incorporate well.
After the coconut flakes are well combined, mix in the chocolate chips.
Roll the cookie dough into small balls and place on a glass or stainless steel cookie sheet and place in the freezer until firm.