Lori from Groovy Green Livin began a petition back in September asking Disney to remove the toxic chemicals found in their Spiderman and princess lunch boxes. Crickets!? Seriously? Disney has not responded to the over 60,000 people that have signed the petition. It is time to send Disney another message this Valentine’s Day.
Disney is the largest licenser of consumer products in the world, and our recent investigation found that many Disney branded school supplies are filled with high levels of toxic phthalates. Phthalates are so toxic they’ve been banned in toys and have been linked to asthma, birth defects and ADHD.
These toxic chemicals have no place in our children’s Disney school supplies. Unfortunately, because school supplies like the princess and Spiderman lunch boxes are not classified as toys, they are not subject to the laws that would protect kids from these toxic chemicals.
TAKE ACTION: Send a Valentine to Disney and show your affection for a healthier world. Here’s how:
- Head over to Lori’s site and choose a pre-made sign, print it out and take a photo with it.
- Feel free to make your own, or decorate it with your favorite Valentine’s Day flare. Be creative and have fun!
- Take a picture of you, your family, your pet, with the sign using your camera or phone.
- Email your photo to email@example.com and they will send it off to Disney.
- And smile knowing you are making a difference!
One last thing, if you are in the Orlando area, Shane from Environmental Booty will be hosting a business forum on safe chemicals next month with Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families to discuss why WE need to pass the Safe Chemicals Act.
Do you have 5 minutes to send a message to Disney that this is unacceptable?
chemicals, Disney, petition, safer chemicals act, toxins