I love how kids can be just like a sponge. They pick up a lot of what us adults do and say. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad. My little nieces who is 8 years old is such a smart kid. She always hears my comments about the environment and how we should recycle, etc.
One day she was out with my sister. The lady at the store was going to put whatever they bougth in a bag. Little VT looked at her mom and said “Mom we don’t need a bag I can just carry it.” She obviously over heard me saying something along those lines in the past.
A few months ago, she was working on a school project about the environment and wrote “I want to be just like my auntie Stephie.” Ummmmm….heart melting right now. Now that is the sweetest and cutest thing anyone has ever said.
Recently, she was writing at home about the environment again. She wrote something along the lines as you need to turn off your lights to help the planet and count to 100 and you can turn them back on. Again, she probably heard me refer to the environment or she is secretly reading my blog….I am hoping she is reading my blog!!
It make me so happy to know that the younger generations are interested in our planet and want to do what they can to preserve it.
If the ‘Good KID Gone Green’ gets it, how come us adults don’t.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post on All.Things.Fadra
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.
eco-friendly, environment, green, kid, planet