Soothing Face Mask
I might be a green living, compost loving, hippy gal but I do love my DIY beauty products. I have been know to cover my face with clay, use essential oils as perfume and add DIY mascara to my lashes! Yes, I can be a hippy girly girl. I remember way back when, when I would spend way to much money on products that didn’t really work and contained a host of ingredients I didn’t even know how to pronounce. Now that I know better, I buy better. I use ingredients that are safe and non-toxic, and do not come with a hefty price tag.
I have been using this particular soothing face mask for the last few weeks; my skin feels and looks great. You don’t need to suffer from dry or irritated skin to reap the benefits of clay, rosehip oil and lavender essential oil. I especially like the fact, the mixture can preform double duty. Simply make the mask and spread it on your hands, arms or stomach to help the appearance of dry, and chapped skin or just when you want your skin to feel awesome. The clay will help to remove toxics and the lavender essential oil and rose hip oil will aid in maintaining the appearance of healthy, and toned skin.
Soothing Face Mask
- Green Clay – An organic material composed of a host of essential minerals, iron oxides, and decomposed plant material such as kelp and seaweed. It acts as magnet drawing dirt from the pores and is beneficial in removing impurities and tightening the pores, toning the skin, exfoliating dead skin cells and reducing inflammation in acne and eczema.
- Rose Hip Oil – This oil is high in essential fatty acids, including the naturally occurring form of Vitamin A (retinoid acid). Because of this high fatty acid content, rose hip seed oil penetrates the skin’s upper layers very quickly, making it an excellent moisturizer. It also improves the texture of your skin and calms redness and inflammation.
- Lavender Essential Oil – When mixed with a carrier oil, maintains the appearance of healthy, and toned skin as well as it may improve the appearance of dry, and chapped skin
Be sure to stir the mixture with a plastic or wooden spoon, as the green clay pulls toxins from metals. Store your clay in a non-metal container. Bentonite clay would work as well in this recipe.
- Mix all of the ingredients together except the essential oil into a smooth paste in a wooden bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Once smooth add the 1-2 drops of Lavender essential oil.
- Spot test the mask on the underside of your wrist to make sure that you do not have any adverse reactions.
- Apply the mask evenly avoiding the delicate skin around your eyes and lips, and let sit until dry for about 10 minutes.
- As the mask dries, it may feel tight on the skin, which can sometimes feel a little itchy (if you start to feel uncomfortable, wash the mask off).
- After the mask dries, wash it off with warm water, pat face gently with a clean towel, and let the skin breath or apply a mild all-natural moisturizer such as Aragon oil to any areas that are prone to dryness.
Click HERE to Pin It
Looking for More Amazing Face Mask Recipes?