Soothing Face Mask
I might be a green living, compost loving, hippy gal but I do love my DIY beauty products. I have been know to cover my face with clay, use essential oils as perfume and add DIY mascara to my lashes! Yes, I can be a hippy girly girl. I remember way back when, when I would spend way to much money on products that didn’t really work and contained a host of ingredients I didn’t even know how to pronounce. Now that I know better, I buy better. I use ingredients that are safe and non-toxic, and do not come with a hefty price tag.
I have been using this particular soothing face mask for the last few weeks; my skin feels and looks great. You don’t need to suffer from dry or irritated skin to reap the benefits of clay, rosehip oil and lavender essential oil. I especially like the fact, the mixture can preform double duty. Simply make the mask and spread it on your hands, arms or stomach to help the appearance of dry, and chapped skin or just when you want your skin to feel awesome. The clay will help to remove toxics and the lavender essential oil and rose hip oil will aid in maintaining the appearance of healthy, and toned skin.
Soothing Face Mask
- Green Clay – An organic material composed of a host of essential minerals, iron oxides, and decomposed plant material such as kelp and seaweed. It acts as magnet drawing dirt from the pores and is beneficial in removing impurities and tightening the pores, toning the skin, exfoliating dead skin cells and reducing inflammation in acne and eczema.
- Rose Hip Oil – This oil is high in essential fatty acids, including the naturally occurring form of Vitamin A (retinoid acid). Because of this high fatty acid content, rose hip seed oil penetrates the skin’s upper layers very quickly, making it an excellent moisturizer. It also improves the texture of your skin and calms redness and inflammation.
- Lavender Essential Oil – When mixed with a carrier oil, maintains the appearance of healthy, and toned skin as well as it may improve the appearance of dry, and chapped skin
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao nibs (where to buy).
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder (where to buy).
- 4 tbsp of shredded coconut (where to buy).
- 4 tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2-4 soft dates
- 2 cups of filtered water (where to buy) or coconut milk
- 1 large handful of spinach (optional)
- Put the frozen banana in your high powered blender (where to buy).
- Add all the other ingredients in order listed.
- If you are opting for the spinach, blend all he ingredients until smooth.
- Now add the spinach.
Notes and Tips
You can substitute carob power or cacao but it will yield a different taste.
If you are wanting to add some greens, try lettuce or collard greens in place of the spinach.
Click HERE to Pin It
Looking for More Amazing Face Mask Recipes?