Almonds are one of my favorite nuts and I try to make an effort to consume them daily either solo or in a smoothie or in a nut dip. I am always experimenting with different nuts and flavors when it comes to smoothies, and I think I found a winner with this combination.
What do you think? Are you going to give it a try?
Almond Bliss Smoothie
Yields: 1 serving in a pint glass or mason jar
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk or 1/4 cup of almonds and 1 1/2 cups of water (always preferable to soak your almonds before consuming)
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1Tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavor
- 2-3 soft dates
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp of dried coconut flakes
- Optional: 1 Tbsp of vanilla protein powder
- Put the almond milk, coconut oil, flax seeds, vanilla flavor, dates and maple syrup into a high powered blender. Blend until creamy.
- Add the frozen banana, and optional ingredients. Blend
- Add the coconut flakes and gently blend.
Enjoy this almond bliss in a glass!
Want to enjoy some other fun and tasty smoothies? Check out these ones:
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!
drinks, milkshakes, organic, raw, recipes, shake, smoothie, vegan