Since apple picking last week-end, I have bags and bags of apples sitting in my fridge. I spent this past week knocking off different treats from my list of 10 autumn apple recipes. Of course, I left one important food off the list- a smoothie. You all know how much I love smoothies. I can’t believe I forgot. Therefore, I came up with an apple pie smoothie that is absolutely delicious. If you are craving an apple pie, why not try out this smoothie filled with all good foods and skip the processed ones!
- 2 apples, cored and chopped or 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3 soaked dates or 1-2 Tbsp of maple syrup/agave/honey
- 1/2 cup of oats, soaked
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of all-spice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or flavor
- pinch of sea salt
- Soak the oats in the 1 cup of almond milk. If you decide to use dates as your sweetener, soak them as well with the oats for about 30 minutes.
- Once the oats and dates are ready, place in your high powered blender, I use my Blendtec.
- Add all the ingredients except the apples and ice, and blend.
- Once incorporated together add the apples, and blend until creamy.
- Add more sweetener or spices if needed.
I am sure if you added a handful of pecans you would get a more of a crust like taste. Oh- the possibilities with this wonderful smoothie.
Has your apple pie craving been curbed with this smoothie?
apple picking, apple pie, organic, recipe, vegan