I am a big green smoothie gal. Sometimes my smoothies are a bright green color and other times, the greens are hidden and you would never know there is spinach or kale added. Usually the latter is a great options for kids. They get a chocolate shake and you get to fill their tummies with spinach. Win win for everyone.
I am so loving this particular smoothie because it is loaded with cacao antioxidants, potassium and fiber from the bananas and protein from the almond milk. I do, however, enjoy a green smoothie, where I can taste or see the greens, and there are just days, I want a delicious chocolate smoothie and throw in some greens for good measure.
Are you a green smoothie drinker? What is your go-to smoothie?
The Chocolate Green Shake
Yields: 3 cups
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade almond milk or use 1 1/2 cups water and 1/3 cup of almonds, blend
- 3 Tbsp or more of cacao powder and/or chocolate protein powder
- 2 Tbsp of almond butter or any nut or seed butter would work
- 4 dates, soaked until soft or 2-3 Tbsp of maple syrup
- Cinnamon to taste
- Large handful of spinach
- Place all he ingredients, except the frozen bananas in a high powdered blender. Blend until well combined.
- Add the frozen bananas, and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled. I put mine in the freezer to make it extra cold.
For more healthy smoothies, check out:
- Basic Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Strawberry Creamsicle Smoothie
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Chocolate Mint Smoothie
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!
chocolate, health, organic, raw, recipe, smoothie, vegan