I seriously love smoothies and one of my all-time favorite is my basic green smoothie. What I love the most is that I can get loads of nutrition in such a small glass. Sometimes I follow a recipe, and other times not so much, and it is a hit or miss. I have made some not so yummy smoothies, and have had to chug them fast. I just can’t bring myself to wasting. I could compost it, but drinking it is much better.
However, this smoothie is different. I mean, you can chug it if you want, but it is not required because it tastes that good! You be the judge. Hit or miss?
What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes?
Strawberry Vanilla Creamsicle Smoothie
Yields: 1 cup
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup of cashews, soaked 2-4 hours (optional)
- 3/4 cup homemade coconut milk
- 2 dates, soaked for 30 minutes to soften them up or 1 Tbsp of maple syrup, honey.
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla protein powder
- pinch of salt
- Place the cashews, dates and coconut milk in a high powered blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the frozen strawberries, vanilla extract, vanilla powder and pinch of salt to the cashew mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients until creamy.
Enjoy this creamy and rich drink when you want a little sweet treat.
organic, raw, recipe, smoothie, vegan