I love macaroons, and love homemade versions seven more. J.P actually said they taste better than the Hail Merry Macaroons which is the most amazing compliment.
Give them a test drive and let me know what you think?
Yields: 36 balls
- 3 cups of shredded coconut
- 2 cups of additional shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of shredded coconut for macaroon coating
- 1/2 cup of liquid sweetener like maple syrup, honey, coconut syrup, or agave
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavor
- Place the 3 cups of shredded coconut in a high powered until you have a creamy coconut butter (recipe), if you don’t have shredded coconut, use 1 cup of store bought coconut butter.
- Put the coconut butter in a bowl with the rest of the 2 cups of shredded coconut, sweetener and vanilla flavor and mix together.
- Roll the coconut batter into balls and coat them with the 1/2 – 1 cup of additional shredded coconut.
Notes and Tips
- Oven version: Place the macaroons on a metal cookie sheet, and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 300F or until they are crispy on the outside.
- Dehydrator version: Place them on a dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate at 140 degrees for an 1 hour. Reduce the settings to 118 degrees and dehydrate for 2-3 hours or until they get crispy on the outside.
- I have tried both methods and like them both equally. I guess it depends how impatient you are and concerned you are with eating cooked foods.
For more tasty treats, check out:
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!
baking, coconut, cooking, macaroons, organic, raw, recipe, vegan