Since I was feeling so under the weather all week, I asked around looking for some natural remedies that would do the trick and here is what everyone had to say. This is what I decided to test try and it worked great for me.
- I made sure to keep taking my Vitamin D (where to buy), and a little extra.
- I doubled my daily Juice Plus (where to buy) intake.
- I took lots of elderberry syrup for my cough, about 1 tsp every hour until I was feeling better. That stuff tastes so delicious.
- I made sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- I sipped on many cups of lemon ginger tea (recipe below).
- I made several batches of my vegetable soup and spiced it up to help get rid of this cold.
I love the tea, but I have not been able to persuade J.P to try it, even though he is coming down with a cold. He sure is missing out!
Since I am pretty much done my cold, I did not attempt the Master Tonic concoction that Sarah from Nature’s Nurture explains in detail. To be honest when I saw the recipe, I was afraid. I am pretty sure it will kill me.
What are some of your favorite home remedies when you have a cold? Have you tried the Master Tonic?For more healthy recipes and remedies, check out:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.