Mini Hazelnut Butter Filled Chocolates
These small little chocolates are perfect to curb your sweet tooth craving. The hazelnut filling stays nice and creamy, while the chocolate is firm and crunchy. I am so happy they turned out the way they did. J.P was pleasantly surprised by my chocolate making skills, as was I! I have a few other flavors I am working on, that I will share in the next few weeks.
What flavors would you like me to test out? Any favorite combinations?
Yields: 16 small chocolates
- 3/4 cup of hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp of maple syrup or other liquid sweetner
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavor
- Place all the ingredients for the hazelnut filling into a high powered blender, and blend until creamy. You may need to scrap down the sizes to help with the blending.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Once melted, pour the coconut oil into a mixing bowl, and add in the rest of the chocolate ingredients. Stir.
- Pour chocolate into each mold, just enough to cover the bottom. I used an ice cube tray.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- Remove from the freezer, and place the hazelnut filling over each layer of the chocolate.
- Pour the remaining chocolate into each mold, until the hazelnut filling is completely covered.
- Return the molds to the freezer until firm.
For more tasty and healthy treats, check out:
There are affiliate links in this post. Any purchases made will put a few pennies in my pocket and support the continued content in this blog. Thank you!