Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Have you priced the fancy, pre-made, contains a million ingredients sugar scrub lately? I have. One jar. $30. To me that seems ridiculous when all you really need is sugar and a fatty oil. I mean, you can surely spice it up with a few other ingredients, but that is the base. And the best part. It costs less than $5 especially if you are like me and reuse your sunflower butter glass jars. I am thinking a homemade peppermint sugar scrub with only ingredients sounds like a wonderful idea.
This is a list of ingredients for a sugar scrub recipe I found on the internet:
- Safflower Seed Oil
- Oleyl Alcohol
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Rice Bran Oil
- Jojoba Seed Oil
- Tocopheryl Acetate: synthetic vitamin E.
- Phenoxyethanol: is an aromatic ether alcohol. This ingredient starts out as phenol, a toxic white crystalline powder that’s created from benzene (a known carcinogen) and then is treated with ethylene oxide (also a known carcinogen) and an alkalai. Well, that ingredient sounds perfect for a sugar scrub.
- Fragrance/Parfum: Most companies when they do not disclose their fragrance source, I assume it is synthetic.
- Benzyl Salicylate
- Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
- Limonene: could be synthetic. No way to know.
I don’t know about you, but I would much prefer a more simple ingredient list and less of a price tag. It is super quick to make your own sugar scrub and you can easily swap the ingredients and make a new kind every.single.time. No need to be boring, people. Use just sugar or use sugar and Epsom salt. Add Peppermint with Idaho Balsam Fir for a more manly scrub. The sky is the “sugar scrub” limit.
The Benefits of Sugar Scrubs
- Full body exfoliation
- Great for hands and feet
- When Peppermint is added to your sugar scrub and used in the shower, it can create an uplifting atmosphere when inhaled
- Sugar scrubs are known to maintain the appearance of healthy, and toned skin
What is your favourite sugar scrub combo?
Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 3/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Avocado Oil
- 10-20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- **1 Mason Jar Pint (500ml)
- Add the organic sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Add the avocado oil and stir until completely mixed together.
- Add the Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Scoop the sugar scrub into a mason jar.
Usually the oil settles to the bottom of the jar. You may need to stir it together before using it.
Rub the sugar scrub all over your body. I personally do not use on my face as the sugar and Epsom salt can be irritating to my face.
Leave in the fridge to extend the self life.
Click HERE to Pin It
More scrub recipes below: