As most of you probably already know, I am a huge “date” fan. I add dates to everything from smoothies to raw treats to salad dressings and garnish in my salad. I highly enjoy the sweetness of them without the guilt.
One of my favorite desserts are date squares, but I never make them or buy them because they are usually made with butter and brown sugar. This got me thinking, I should just make a simple no-bake vegan alternative, so I did.
- 16 dates, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1 1/2 cups of almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1/4-1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Place the almonds and oats in a food processor and combine until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add the dates, and process.
- Slowly add the coconut oil to mix everything together. You may need more if the crumble is too dry.
- Press 3/4 of the mixture in a glass pan, and reserve 1/4 of the crumble to put on top of the date filling.
- Place the crust in the fridge while you prepare the date filling.
- 30 or more, soaked for 2-4 hours (if you like your filling sweet add more dates)
- 1/2-1 cup of water for blending, use soaked water.
- Place the dates, and the water in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Spread the date filling on the crust evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble on top of the date filling.
- Place the date squares in the fridge for an hour or until firm.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.