Coconut Hot Chocolate Recipe
With the cold weather sneaking up on me, I am constantly trying to change up my warm drink selection. I do love me some tea, but a nice warm cup of coconut hot chocolate is a nice treat. The best part about this coconut hot chocolate recipe is that it is made with real food ingredients and it is dairy-free- cacao, cashew milk, coconut sugar and coconut oil. Sounds pretty devine, no?
At first I was going to use coconut milk, but everyone one uses coconut milk in their hot chocolate, and I wanted to be different. I thought since I just whipped up a batch of homemade cashew milk, that it would be perfect for a hot cup of cocoa. And I was right. I made my cashew milk extra creamy, which made the coconut hot chocolate just plain wonderful. It really hit the spot while I watched everyone else outside digging out their cars. Talk about making this girl feel better. Everything is truly better with chocolate and coconut.
So grab a mug, fill it up with this coconut hot chocolate and enjoy the chocolatey goodness.
- 2 cups of homemade cashew milk
- 1 cup of filtered hot water (where to buy)
- 3 tbsp of cacao powder (where to buy)
- 3 tbsp of coconut sugar (where to buy)
- 1-2 tsp of coconut oil (where ti buy)
- Blend the homemade cashew milk, cacao powder and coconut sugar in a high powdered blender (where to buy).
- Pour the chocolate cashew milk into a pot and add your 1 cup of filtered hot water (where to buy).
- Let similar on low until your desired hotness.
- Be sure to stir often so it does not burn.
- Pour into mugs.
You can substitute raw cacao powder for carob powder or cocoa powder.
For more warm drinks, check out these: