Many of the brands you trust for their beauty benefits can be harboring some ugly ingredients that may have potential health risks—think petroleum byproducts, chemical preservatives, and synthetic colors and fragrances. Rememeber- not all products are created equal.
There is one company and owner that strives to make your products as safe as possible. Lisa from Style Essentials has done her research and sincerely cares about the safety of the products her customers put on their bodies. She is a women that I trust and look to, to answer any cosmetic questions I have.
She has been in the cosmetic industry, in some capacity, for over 30 years. She created Style Essentials out of her desire to raise her family and live a healthy, vivacious life! She believes that the safety of personal care products is crucial to our health.
I tend to make my own products that I use on my skin whenever possible, but not everyone has the time or patience for that. And, I have no idea how to make my own mascara- do you? This is where Lisa comes in. She offers a green, healthy marketplace featuring two lines of mineral make-up, and a selection of mostly organic skincare.
Lisa so generously sent me some of her products to give a try. She made sure all the products were vegan to meet my vegan needs:
- Essentials Organic Pure Bliss Eye Creme- This cream is meant to address the eye ares including issues such as wrinkles, loss of elasticity, puffiness, and hyper pigmentation. I have been using this product for a few months now, and have noticed that my under eyes are smoother, and seem less puffy. I will continue with the product until it is all gone, but I will probably revert to putting almond oil under my eyes, and using green tea. This is not say this is not a good product. I just like my own remedies.
- Mineral Foundation- Love this foundation. It takesa little getting use to. Since it is not firm, if you don’t know what you are doing you may get powder all over your bathroom and clothing at first (like me). No talc- so the ingredients looks good to me.
- Natural Mascara- I like how easily the mascara glides on my lashes, and the dark black colour is just perfect. I wore it everyday while I was in NYC for Blogher, and my eyes looked great! The only think I have to mention is that it contains Phenoxyethanol as a preservative, which is an ingredients that I tend to avoid. For me, there is not enough research on its safety.
- Pink Lip Gloss- The ingredients look good, and I personally love the slight hint of pinkness it brings to my lips. It goes on nice and smooth.
- Mini Eye Colour by Dash- I am not much of an eye colour gal, but I did give it a try and liked it. I don’t wear it everyday, just when I feel I need to dress up my eyes a little. It goes on easy, but can get a little messy because I am not very good at putting make-up on. I am more of an “au naturel” kinda girl.
- Perfect Blush Brush- This brush is great. It works wonderfully with the mineral foundation powder.
All in all, I really enjoyed my Style Essentials experience. While many organic, nontoxic make-up and skincare products tend to be more expensive than the chemical-laden variety, the quality is often superior to that of mainstream makeup and the benefits to your skin and body are priceless.
Why not give your face and body a chemical detox and try some safer, non-toxic options like Style Essentials. You will not be disappointed, you will feel great and your body will thank you. Lisa is so generously giving away to one of my reader one Shimmer Peach Lip Colour and one Copper Mineral Eye Shadow. Just fill out the rapoctoer form below. Open to U.S and Canadian residents!
See what some of my green friends are saying about Style Essentials, if you are not already convinced.
Lori from Groovy Green Livin
Tiffany from Nature Moms
eco-friendly, green, make-up, non-toxic, organic