Creamy Carrot Quinoa Soup
Since all this cold weather has arrived and it seems like it may just stay for a while, I needed some healthy soups to add to my collection to stay warm. I order some celery root last week in my basket and though I need to make a soup with this ugly vegetable! Celery root is a great addition to any soup because it makes it creamy like potatoes but adds a celery taste. I just love the subtle hint of celery in this soup in particular.
Are you going to give this creamy carrot quinoa soup a go?
- 1 cup hot water
- (ginger tea
- 1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 Tbsp raw organic honey
- The following ground spices: cayenne pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves and ginger (if you don't use ginger tea).
- Boil the water and steep your tea.
- Add the honey, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Stir.
- Add your spices of choice. Stir.
- Drink and be prepared for some "spicy and hot" tea.
Add any spice that you think will help.
If you do not have ginger tea, simply add fresh ginger or ground ginger.
Use plain water or another herbal tea.
Now, the yummy soup is ready to be gobbled down. I had this for dinner last night and will be enjoying it for lunch today.
I am sure this would taste delicious with a nice piece of sprouted bread.
Enjoy the yumminess in a bowl!
Looking for more healthy soups?
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Cauliflower Leek Soup
- Basic vegetable Soup
- 10 Spectacular Fall Soup Recipes from Weed’Em & Reap
- Creamy Leek Soup from Stupid Easy Paleo
- Roasted Winter Vegetable Soup from Happy Healthnut
- Spiced Apple Butternut Soup from Gutsy by Nature
- Pumpkin Soup from Living Low Carb One Day at a Time
- Butternut Squash Soup from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
Click +1 – Cream Carrot Quinoa Soup