I have been in a major snacking mood lately. I enjoy all sorts of nuts and I am always looking for ways to change up my snacking routine.
Brazil nuts are a great way to get your selenium intake daily. I try to have 2 brazil nuts a day, but they are not my favorite tasting nut. However, when I mixed them with some chocolate and sweetness the flavor was divine and oh so gooey. It tastes sinful, but so healthy.
What are your favorite treats to munch on?
- 2 cups of brazil nuts
- 2 cups of raisins and/or dates
- 1/4 cup of raw cocoa powder
- Coconut for coating
- Place the brazil nuts, raisins/dates and raw cocoa powder in a food processor or high powered blender.
- Process until the mixture becomes creamy. The oils will eventually release and make it creamy.
- Roll the dough into balls and coat them with coconut.
- Place in the fridge until firm.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.