One of my all-time favorite nut butters is peanut butter. It might not be the most healthiest member of the nut butter family, but boy, does it ever taste good. And when I do eat it, it has to be accompanied by chocolate. Are you with me on this? Peanut butter and chocolate just has to be one of the best duo’s out there.
If I let little E, she would eat peanut butter all day long, all by it’s lonesome. I thought, how could I make it a little less messy and a little more healthy? By adding coconut and raw chocolate of course. It might not be a reese peanut butter cup, but it is its healthy cousin- the chocolate peanut butter ball.
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of liquid sweetener such as honey, agave or date paste
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- Mix the 2 nut butters in a bowl.
- Add each ingredients to the nut butters one at a time and incorporate.
- Once all mixed up, place the mixture in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to get firm.
- Roll the mixture into balls, and place in the fridge until ready to eat.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: The information included on this website is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.